On a Journey

On a journey, a discovery of the beauty, the laughs and sweet moments.

Thursday, May 12

The Extra Mile

Today, at my school I had to endure the compulsary crosscountry. Its the big event at my school that NO ONE wants to do. Athletics is sweet as, photo day?- not a problem, swimming sports? okaydidoke.. but CROSS COUNTRY??? everyone has a CRY!! I personally dont like it myself, but I put up with it anyways.
Last year it occured during my birthday. I KNOW. How dumb!!but it was okay because we organised a group that jus sang and skipped the whole way.. we had TONNES of fun!! and ate lots of food during the process (hee hee). This year unfortunatley wasnt the case. WE had to run it at school, and every so often- at every corner- there was a teacher or a senior student watching, guarding to see if we 'cheated'
But thats okay, BECAUSE... the previous night at my discipleship class we were discussing about going further, doing more for God and so, today (being the pathetic runner that I am) I decidid to enter the championship race, which was longer and taller.. than the other. But thats okay,
As a result of successfully completing that circuit, i am absolutely nackered, and i have the filfullment and JOY of knowing that a ran that extra mile, and all glory can go to God for helping me through it. EVEN BETTER: i automatically get a merit- instead of an achieved- and i got some house points!!
the moral of the story however is that if you go through great lengths you will recieve great rewards!!

No comments: