On a Journey

On a journey, a discovery of the beauty, the laughs and sweet moments.

Tuesday, August 21

The Sweet Moments

There are those sweet moments in life, which you only get once, a moment, a glimpse when everything is perfect. The smell of fresh rain, or the joy of seeing a child smile just for a second or so about something that you never perceived as beautiful until they smiled. They are the sweet moments which one hopes would last forever. They are the moments which make your day feel worthwhile, the moments which make everything fall into place.

A typical moment that is said to be particularly sweet is that of ones sixteenth birthday. The year is supposed to be magical, filled with romance, laughter, life fulfillment. Ya know like beach fun, snow trips, road trips etc. I'm going to be sixteen on Sunday, I am excited, but I don't know what to expect, so far of being a teenager has not turned out to be as it promised. Perhaps I am just a little sentimental. How selfish of me really. Life is not defined on boyfriends, but by moments. Laughs, tears, sunshine, rainbows, rain and the twinkle in an eye. I have experienced plenty of those, many have not, been too caught up in themselves to notice.

Although I have not had a boyfriend (unusual for teenagers supposedly,) I am glad in the regard that I have been able to appreciate moments by myself, to take a walk, and not care about my 'love life.' Really there are blessings in every situations huh? Well.. let's just see what next year brings, the year that I am sixteen, perhaps it really will be sweet. Here's hoping

No comments: